part-time operations MANAGER
Anticipated Hire Date: April 2021
LUM Studio’s purpose is to help cultivate purposeful, bold brands – those of the clients we serve and our own – that positively and measurably impact the experience of life. We do this by concepting, creating and implementing marketing and communications programs that benefit our clients and theirs; developing and providing fun, implementable training and instructional offerings; and supporting and engaging in community based and socially responsible initiatives that are important to our employees, clients, and ourselves. Our company is founded on the idea you should love the work you do and make lives better while you’re doing it. Life’s short, and what we do here matters.
As a part-time operations manager, you will assist with internal operations including accounts payables and receivables, human resources, client invoicing, business report development, and other management activities. Your position will critically support other team members working with clients and executing marketing and communications programs. With a focus on supporting leadership and account teams, you will provide assistance and coordination on various operational needs. In the future, this may grow into a full-time position. Detailed oriented and organized bookkeepers or accountants are ideal.
- Work from home.
- Utility or co-working space reimbursement.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid personal time.
- Flexible schedule.
- Bonus opportunities.
- Retirement plan.
- Professional development support.
- Team building meet ups.
- Creative, courageous, and bold culture.
- Check out our values here and learn more about LUM Studio here.
- 20 hours/week.
- Provide overall insight and recommendations to improve company business operations.
- Manage accounts payables and receivables, with oversight from leadership, by recording financial transactions, maintaining financial records, and fact checking financial data.
- Administer payroll and bonus distributions as directed by leadership.
- Assist with tracking and executing HR requirements, hiring, benefits packages, etc.
- Assess and oversee company budget to find ways to minimize expense and optimize profits.
- Identify potential problems and points of friction and work to find solutions in order to maximize efficiency and revenue.
- Develop monthly business and operations reports and recommend additional tools to assist in evaluating the success of the business and projects.
- Track and oversee software subscriptions.
- If in the local area, run occasional errands such as post office mail pickup, etc.
- Make and track receivable deposits.
- Assist with meeting preparation materials and occasionally attend meetings to provide notes and action items.
- Provide leadership and account teams with scanning and filing assistance.
- Work closely with senior leadership to provide insight and updates.
- Build and strengthen LUM’s brand and reputation.
- Openly participate in an environment that inspires creativity, courage, boldness, purpose, and engagement all while bettering the experience of life.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
The Must Haves
- 5+ years of experience in areas outlined in “The Day-to-Day.”
- A thorough understanding of business, financial and budgeting processes and principles.
- Critical thinker that problem solves and provides thoughtful ideas and recommendations.
- Deadline oriented and a commitment to doing what you say you will.
- Ability to work well and closely with other team members and senior leadership.
- A “constructive criticism makes it better” philosophy.
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Self-driven and ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Suite.
- Preferably located in or proximity of Casper, Wyoming.
The Bonus Points
- Previous practice working for multiple clients and on different initiatives.
- Proficiency in Basecamp and Zoom.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and PDF or link to work samples. Materials should be submitted to email@example.com
Salary will commensurate with experience.