WEBSITE DESIGNER & DEVELOPER
Anticipated Hire Date: March 2020
LUM Studio’s purpose is to help cultivate purposeful,
bold brands – those of the clients we serve and our own – that positively and measurably impact the experience of life. We do this by concepting, creating and implementing marketing and communications programs that benefit our clients and theirs; developing and providing fun, implementable training and instructional offerings; and supporting and engaging in community based and socially responsible initiatives that are important to our employees, clients, and ourselves. Our company is founded on the idea you should love the work you do and make lives better while you’re doing it. Life’s short, and what we do here matters.
As a Web Designer & Developer you will utilize your creative and software engineering/programing skills to concept, design, build and improve web sites for our growing list of clients. The ideal candidate will understand user experience and have the skills to efficiently build web sites that are easy to navigate and adhere to design standards and specifications. They will also have an eye for clean and artful web design and demonstrate experience creating sites on WordPress, SquareSpace, Wix or other publishing platforms. They should also have superior communication skills, unmatched organizational skills, and a strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
- Work from home.
- Utility or co-working space reimbursement.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid personal time.
- Flexible schedule.
- Bonus opportunities.
- Retirement plan.
- Health plan option.
- Professional development support.
- Team building meet ups.
- Creative, courageous and bold culture.
- Check out our values here and learn more about LUM Studio here.
- Concept and design clean, purposeful web interface, that is intuitive and user friendly, and allows audiences to engage rapidly and take the appropriate action a company or brand intends.
- Works with art team/copywriter to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns.
- Assists in archiving and maintaining digital files, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials and resources, and in maintaining a log of said archives to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references.
- Execute and monitor SEO and SEM initiatives for multiple clients’ programs and campaigns.
- Maintains current computer software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members.
- Formal training and/or college degree in web design or programming (with significant, proven experience, formal training may not be required).
The Must Haves
- Proven work experience as a web designer.
- Demonstrable web design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Experience in creating site outlines, storyboards, user flows, process flows and/or site maps.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, website publishing platforms WordPress, Wix, SquareSpace, Weebly, etc.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques and technologies.
- Understanding browser capabilities.
- Experience with design and a strong eye for solid design.
- Knowledge of best SEO and SEM practices and proven success incorporating SEO and SEM into new and existing web sites.
- Experience taking web sites live and connecting domain and hosting platforms.
- Multimedia content development.
The Bonus Points
- Experience working with Adobe Premiere Pro C and After Effects.
- Background in public speaking, presenting and pitching.
- Proficiency in Basecamp and Zoom.
- Casper, Wyoming or Wyoming located (not required, but preferred).
Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and links to 3-5 web sites you’ve completed. Materials should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
At LUM Studio, adding the RIGHT people to our team is a priority. Currently, we don’t have a set schedule but will request interviews with those that seem like the right fit and share impressive work.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time