WEBSITE DESIGNER & DEVELOPER
Anticipated Hire Date: TBD
LUM Studio’s purpose is to help cultivate purposeful, bold brands – those of the clients we serve and our own – that positively and measurably impact the experience of life. We do this by concepting, creating, and implementing marketing and communications programs that benefit our clients and theirs; developing and providing fun, implementable training and instructional offerings; and supporting and engaging in community based and socially responsible initiatives that are important to our employees, clients, and ourselves. Our company is founded on the idea you should love the work you do and make lives better while you’re doing it. Life’s short, and what we do here matters.
As a Web Designer & Developer you will utilize your creative and software engineering/programing skills to concept, design, improve and maintain websites for our growing list of clients. The ideal candidate will understand user experience and have the skills to efficiently build web sites that are easy to navigate, accomplish goals and adhere to design standards and specifications. They will also have an eye for clean and artful web design and demonstrate experience creating sites on WordPress, SquareSpace, Wix and/or other publishing platforms. They should also have superior communication skills, unmatched organizational skills, and a strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
LUM is seeking the best candidate for our growing team. We’re open to a variety of employment options such as freelance, part-time or full-time opportunity. We’re also open to transitioning a freelance or part-time employee into a full-time opportunity.
- Work from home.
- Utility or co-working space reimbursement.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid personal time.
- Flexible schedule.
- Bonus opportunities.
- Retirement plan.
- Health plan option.
- Professional development support.
- Team building meet ups.
- Creative, courageous and bold culture.
- Check out our values here and learn more about LUM Studio here.
- Concept and design clean, purposeful web interface, from start to finish, that is intuitive and user friendly, and allows audiences to engage rapidly and take the appropriate action a company or brand intends.
- Works with art team/copywriter to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns.
- Tracks and maintain high performing, functioning websites for client and LUM.
- Formal training and/or college degree in web design or programming (with significant, proven experience, formal training may not be required).
The Must Haves
- Proven work experience as a web designer.
- Demonstrable web design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Experience in creating site outlines, storyboards, user flows, process flows and/or site maps.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, website publishing platforms WordPress, Wix, SquareSpace, Weebly, Sketch, etc.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques and technologies.
- Understanding browser capabilities.
- Experience with design and a strong eye for solid, creative design.
- Knowledge of best SEO and SEM practices and proven success incorporating SEO and SEM into new and existing web sites.
- Experience taking websites live and connecting domain and hosting platforms.
- Multimedia content development.
The Bonus Points
- Experience working with Adobe Premiere Pro C and After Effects.
- Background in public speaking, presenting, and pitching.
- Proficiency in HubSpot, Basecamp and Zoom.
- Located within out focus region: Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, South Dakota, Utah, Nebraska, or Idaho. (Not required, but preferred).
Please apply through Indeed and include links to 7-8 work samples.
At LUM Studio, adding the RIGHT people to our team is a priority. Currently, we don’t have a set schedule but will request interviews with those that seem like the right fit and share impressive work. However, we are interested in hiring the right person immediately.
Salary will commensurate with experience.